I'm Going to Europe!!!

Monday, November 27, 2006

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Last night I went to bed early because my eye was hurting really bad. When Jess and Megan came home from Outreach they woke me up to give me my package and to say apartment prayer. My package had my blue shirt, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, pads, taco seasoning and pasta mix. I woke up in the middle of the night and realized that my eye was swollen. I went back to bed, then woke up and decided not to go to the orphanage because I had a cough and a swollen eye and figured that they’d probably take one look and send me home anyway. Shannon wasn’t feeling well either (we probably got it from the kids) and so we both stayed home. I called my parents who gave me the number for Bishop Rice and he told me I probably have a virus and that it probably won’t go away for at least a few weeks and that I can’t wear contacts. So, I decided to try to buy some glasses instead since I should probably just have glasses anyway. Then we realized that my purse is at the orphanage and I wouldn’t be able to get it til later if I didn’t go get it myself and that we also needed the number for Dancu, so we called Holly and told her we were going to come get them from her. Well, when we got there she seemed a little frustrated at us which made us feel like total crap. Nothing worse than Holly being mad at you. We got home, called Dancu and were told that if we were sick we couldn’t come tomorrow either. Then I took a shower, made some faaabulous pancakes and read a little from “Each One a Miracle” before Shannon and I headed off to run errands. We first went to the glasses store and looked at those. The lady was really nice and spoke English, but I couldn’t tell what I wanted, so we decided to decide when I come back with the prescription. After that we went to the corner store and then to Hala and we finally had groceries! So exciting! When we got back Melissa was home and Shannon and I put away our groceries and then started talking about how to fix my messed up computer hours. Well, for some reason Melissa pipes in with something like, “why do you need to fix them, didn’t we figure it all out in the beginning?” And we explained how we didn’t notice certain things in the beginning when we first assigned them. Well, then she says something about how I could always just wake up and use the computer in the morning. I’ve been incredibly frustrated with that because I feel like she always says that to me and I always say “well, wake me up when you aren’t using it and if you are just wake me up at 7:30” and she almost always wakes me up at 7:30, so I just took that as either she was using it or she wasn’t and didn’t wake me up anyway. Either way, I haven’t gotten the opportunity. So when she said that I said, in a nice way, but nevertheless bluntly, “Well, I’d like to but I told you to wake me up if I can and you never do.” So then she responded really angily and in a very snappy tone how she does wake me up and I just don’t get up and stuff and so then I was really frustrated but said, “you know what, I disagree, but I’m not going to say anything.” Then she was like, “no tell me.” And I was like, “no, not when you’re mad.” And she was like, “I’m not mad.” That was just absurd to me, because it was soooo obvious that she was and I was like, “well you sound mad to me.” And she was like, “I’m not mad and you have something to say, so you should say it.” So then, I still didn’t want to say anything, but what do you do with someone in denial? So I was like, “fine, you promise you won’t get mad or offended?” And she’s like, “yeah.” So then we had this really frustrating conversation where she was both mad and offended and I was frustrated. She kept conceding things, then using them against me as if she hadn’t just conceded the point and I was like, “what the crap!” Finally I was just like, “you know what, you aren’t making any sense to me and I don’t feel the need to talk to you anymore and I walked out.” Shannon and I finished with the hours by ourselves and then I went to try and do my laundry. Well, while I was doing my laundry I was sorting clothes and I saw something on my jacket and was about to pick it up, when something stopped me and I pulled my hand back and then I realized that it was this big cockroach, lying on its back and just then its leg twitched! I was so traumatized! I seriously like couldn’t move! I’m glad I wasn’t wearing contacts, because I don’t think I would have been able to handle seeing it more sharply. And the thing that scarred me the most was that it was just lying there, in my clothes, and I didn’t realize what it was and just about picked it up by one of its legs. Something about that just totally creeped me out. Well, I, still in shock, went outside on the balcony where Shannon was. At first I just stood there looking terrified while she kept asking me what was wrong. It was really hard to speak and then finally I told her. She thought it was awesome and was really excited and took pictures and stuff. Then, she was really helpful and disposed of it for me and looked through all my clothes for more. Then, I even had her look under a pain of lone capris that were folded in the corner of my room and had been since I left for Budapest and low and behold, there was my watch! It was underneath the capris! Why it was so casually there under the folded capris I do not know, but it was! We decided that the cockroach was a blessing in disguise. Then, we had to get ready to leave really quick because we were running out of time. Then I went in the kitchen and did my dishes and just finished getting ready to go really quick. We ended up leaving Melissa because she said she didn’t want to go to Dacie (by the way, by this time my eye was significantly less swollen) and we just walked fast to the hospital and met Jenna there and took the tram to Dacie. Dacie went really well today! I brought 2 chalkboards and first made the kids wait before they played with them. It was only Mihai and Marian to begin with. I told them if they were good for a while I’d bring out the toys that I brought. So, they were, in fact, good and I did bring them out after a while. It went over really well because there was one for each of them and they played nicely. Mihai and I bonded while I showed him how to do some numbers and letters. Oh, I also told them they had to have the tv off while we played with the toys and I was pleased when that worked too! After a while they got sick of them and I let them turn the TV back on. About that time Costica and Viorel woke up and we played with them a little. Then, shortly after that Catalina and Georgiana came home and so they got to use the drawing boards because Marian and Mihai were sick of them About the time Viorel wanted to use them, Catalina decided she wanted to play with the bubbles, so I blew bubbles with her and Costica (who looooved them and was soooo adorable) while Viorel drew on the board. He was so cute and would show it to me each time he drew something. Time really flew by and before I knew it it was time to leave. I was really sad to go! Shannon and I walked Jenna home, which turned out great, because Marina had just finished making dinner and gave me some. It was this delectable chicken broccoli casserole. Then, Shannon and I walked to outreach, which went pretty well too. I played rummikub with Abbi, Raluca and Elder Hackett. Hackett and I wanted to play the American way, but Raluca and Abbi wanted to play the Romanian way, Hackett and I kept being bitter together. I walked home with Abbi, Bri, Holly, Shannon and Mihai and we met up with Rebecca along the way. After that I just walked home with Shannon and Mihai and that’s been about all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home