I'm Going to Europe!!!

Monday, November 27, 2006

This morning I was kind of frustrated with Shannon. See, last night when she didn’t go to the hospital, she asked if I had any money and I gave her a 50 on the condition that she buy me some bread. Well, she came home and fell asleep until after the bread lady was gone and didn’t get me bread. The reason I need bread is because making sandwiches is the only way I’ve thought of to have something substantial during the day. So, she was like “I’m really sorry I’ll wake up early and go get you some tomorrow morning, I promise!” Well, she forgot and slept in late, as usual, and didn’t get it again, so I was frustrated because not only does she make us late all the time, but she didn’t follow through because of her inability to get out of bed and that bugged me too. So yeah, I brought it up and we talked about it and it wasn’t like hoooorrible, but it wasn’t good either and I was pretty annoyed with her by the end of the conversation, so I went into Dancu a little upset. While at Dancu, we talked about it again though and had it lead into a whole conversation on friendship, and now I’m fine…as long as she’ll wake up now (she said she would)! The kids were even sicker, which made them really docile and sweet. Even Mihai wasn’t being real active and would let you just sit there and do nothing with him which he neeever lets you do. Half way through the day this really nice neighbor (we think) came over and was sooo cute and just was so excited over the kids and was making them laugh and stuff. She also left us these little applie pie things. Like, apples, enclosed in a pie-ish round thing. They were good! We found out later that it was because apparently Ceausescu’s daughter died and they were funeral cakes. They didn’t seem real sad. Though, apparently she wasn’t that bad of a person. She and one of her brothers were educated in London and when they came back they realized how horrible their parents were and spoke out against them (the son fully disowned them). Their lives are quite miserable though, understandably. After Dancu, Shannon went home and I started on the 6th floor with rooster baby. This time the adventure was trying to feed her. She’d suck, but nothing would come out and I spent a good 45 minutes trying all different kinds of things and probably only got her to drink about 10 grams, and all of that was probably just milk that spilled on us. After a while I switched with Abbi and let her have a turn at it. I took Vasilica from her. He’s cute, but I just don’t get him as much as I do other babies, so I had a hard time with him. After a while I just switched with Marina because she does really well with Vasilica and I do really well with Nicu, the baby she had. By way of explanation, Vasilica is somewhere between 6 months and a year old (hard to tell when they’re institutionalized) and is from Donald Duck. He can’t sit up or anything like that. He’s got a big upper lip and looks like a little Englishman. Nicu is a newborn and I’d been with him the day before too. He’s really sweet looking and reminds me of Ionella who used to be at the hospital. I’m pretty sure I just stayed with him until it was time to go. I walked with Melissa and Holly to the tramvie station (holly came because it was Mihai’s bday) and we rode to Dacie. Once at Dacie, we discovered that they weren’t celebrating his bday til the next day, but they gave the two of us cake anyway – it was nasty J. Holly and I had a lot of fun, especially with Viorel, who always says “oweeoweeooooo!” because he can’t really talk yet. We decided when we see each other on campus in the future we’re going to hail each other by cupping our hands together at our mouths and going “oweeoweeooooo!” It provided the theme for the rest of the night during which we’d just yell it out every once in a while. I brought these little cardboard animals with holes in them that you put shoelaces through. Basically, you sew around the edges of the cardboard animal. I thought they were kind of lame and that they wouldn’t like them, but they kept them occupied the whole time! Those kids are just so great. Like, it took me a little while to get to this point, but now, I look forward to going there sooo much. It’s like a treat. I mean, Costica is so cute and hilarious and cuddly. Viorel is such a sweety and he just melts my heart and is one of the sweetest kids ever. Marian is a terror, but just sooo cute that you can’t help but love him. Mihai is just so smart and I respect him so much. Catalina is so vulnerable and tries so hard and my heart just goes out to her. And Georgiana is a little bit of a black sheep and I feel bad for her because of that and want so badly to help her because I see how happy she is when she does something well. Anyway, after Dacie, we all met up and took a tram to tirgu cucu and a taxi to Little Texas for Jess’s birthday. It was sooo much fun! The place is great. It has all these Old West decorations, including a lifesize cutout of John Wayne and it has such nice food J. It’s American J. I got a salad, enchiladas and shared a brownie with icecream and an apple pie with Jessica. The conversation was great and I loved it especially because I feel like right now I’m getting along with everyone and that everyone is getting along with everyone! What a great feeling!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home