I'm Going to Europe!!!

Monday, November 27, 2006

Monday, November 20, 2006

This marked the first morning of Melissa and I’s new plan where she wakes me up every morning except for Wednesdays and I used the computer from 6:30 til 7:30ish and on Wednesdays she wakes up and uses it and I don’t get up til 7:30ish. I’m doing really well so far at actually getting up and doing too which makes me really happy. It’ll be nice to be able to go home and just use the computer for however long I want. Dancu was really really hard yesterday. The kids were more sick than ever and it made them pretty grumpy. Mihai wasn’t happy almost no matter what you did and if you weren’t playing with him he would just cry and cry. Iuliana was really moody too and screamed a lot and Shannon couldn’t figure out how to make her happy. Costica cried a lot more than usual and even if you did things that would usually make him happy, he’d still cry. Petrica was just loud J. Yeah, so there were times when we’d just be like, “aaaaah! I give up! There’s nothing else I can do!” As a side note, Anni and Nuti were working. At the hospital, I started off with Iulia because I hadn’t been with her in a really long time. She didn’t look so good because she had some brown residue on her face and some of her spit had a brown hue and there was a tube in her nose that emptied into a jar and the jar was filled with this nasty brown pussy liquid because every time she’d blow out of her nose, brown stuff would come out and go down the tube. At least she cried less than usual! After a while she fell asleep. About that time, Marina came downstairs and we decided to try to go to the 6th floor. Well, 3 girls were already with Radu, Vasilica and a little newborn boy who’s up there, but the nurse told us that there was another baby, so we went in there. Well, it turned out that it was none other that rooster baby! She was back! When we came in she was wearing this nasty dirty jumper and so I was like, “hey, I wonder if I have any clothes that would fit her!” So, I looked and the only thing I could find that would fit her was this yellow thing that had long sleeves, but didn’t cover the legs. Well, we figured that’d work, because we’re not paranoid about babies getting cold like Romanians and, well, the hospital is stifling anyway. So, we take the poor girl out of her clothes and put her in this and then the mom is like “nu nu nu nu! E frig!” (no, it’s cold!) and we’re like, “well, how bout if we wrap her in the blanket?” Well, she didn’t approve of that either. So then we’re like, “well what do you want us to do?” While we were trying to figure that out we discovered this other jumper lying on the bed that would cover her arms and her feet but then the mom was like “no, that belongs to this other mom.” Well, we were really skeptical because it looked way familiar and the mom’s sometimes (like, all the time) steal our clothes, but we didn’t want to just take it, so finally we were like, “whatever, what do you want us to do?” So eventually the mom is just like “put her back in her regular clothes.” This, of course is all being communicated through histrionics and broken language. So we start putting her back in the old clothes, then the mom is like “no, put the new clothes under!” So we undress her and start to dress her again when the other mom walks in and is like, “no, this outfit actually isn’t mine.” So then we realize we can put her in that and undress her again and start to put her in that. But of course the mom wanted the new outfit under it this time too, so we undress her again and dress her again and finally she was just dressed!!!! Yeah, by the end we were like, “how many times does it take two BYU girls to dress a baby?” Well, shortly after that Abbi came in and was ready to switch, so we went in with the other babies and I took the newborn (this is the kid I was with on Friday where I had to hold Radu and this kid at the same time) and Marina took Vasilica and Megan was with Radu. It was really great, because I just listened to Marina’s ipod and stared at this beautiful little baby boy as he slowly fell asleep in my arms. He’s seriously such a sweety, like possibly my favorite newborn so far. I don’t know what it is about him, but he just seems really pure and he also is a smiler. Well, after the hospital Marina, Jess, Megan, Melissa and I went to Gima. It was fabulous finally being able to get all these things that I’ve needed but that Hala and the corner store just don’t have. I was in heaven. There’s nothing better than coming home from shopping and having all this food. Well, after that I had a little bit of computer time after getting home and then went to FHE. We were supposed to be playing this game called “Fugitive”, but it didn’t really happened, so we all just talked. I talked to Stefana, Elder Hacket and Raluca the most. I love Stefana and I think she should go to BYU when she graduates. And yeah, I love all three of them. They’re all favorites. Mihai walked me home and we had a nice chat. He’s an ok guy. Like, yeah, he’s awkward sometimes, but he’s got a good heart and tries really hard but just gets misunderstood sometimes. The rest of the night was a little frustrating because I was going to use the computer after Jess, but while she was on in I fell asleep on the couch and then tried to write and just fell asleep again and had to go to bed. Romania is tiring!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home