I'm Going to Europe!!!

Friday, November 24, 2006

Sunday, October 29, 2006

I don’t remember much about church, except that since we were all going to Budapest right afterward and the missionaries were going to have transfers while we were gone we were all exchanging numbers during class and saying goodbye afterward. We were especially worried that we would lose Child, Hackett, or one of the Soras. After church, we rushed home to finish getting everything all together and to catch a bite to eat before heading out the door. It was a pretty close call, and I would have been ready on time except that when I tried to turn my computer on to send my Systems Paper to Roberta it wouldn’t turn on! Yeah, that sucked. Anyway, we got out the door and took taxis to the station and waited, and waited, and waited for Podul. They’re almost always later than us because there are a few on-time Nazis in our apt. Anyway, so they finally got there and we hurried over to our platform and waited. We weren’t quite sure what the deal was because there was already a train there and it wasn’t ours and that didn’t makes sense. Luckily, we were going to meet up with Mihai to say bye before leaving and so Holly called him and he knew where we were supposed to be. He helped us on the train and we were off. To begin with I was going to be in a car with Jenna and other Romanians. But, I went in the car with everyone else for a little while and Abbi decided she wanted to trade with me. We had a lot of fun, interesting conversations (how to make fart noises, interesting fact like that you only breath out of one nostril at a time, feminine issues, and, of course, awkward questions that you almost never want to ask people but that you really want to know). Interspersed with that were small bouts of trying to sleep and trying to read. In the middle of the night we got to Cluj, where we hung out in the train station (and I peed in my first hole in the ground). Dave and Rebecca were there because they’d caught our same train, so we saw them too, although we only talked to Rebecca because Dave wasn’t talking to us. After 2 hours we got back on another train, this one Hungarian and much nicer. This was my first sleeper car experience and it was better than the other train, but not good. I mean, I don’t have much complaint about the accommodations, other than the expected fact that they were cramped and hard, but basically I just can’t sleep on trains. At least I was lying down though! And, um, I guess I passed the end of the day…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home