I'm Going to Europe!!!

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Today was hard. But to begin with, Dancu was ok. I started working on Petrica’s leg muscles. I decided that I’m going to get him to stand as much as possible and get him to push back when I push on his legs so that his muscles grow. Every day, I’ll start with standing and get him to stand as long as I can. When he falls I’ll tickle him every time as positive reinforcement. Then I’ll let him rest and do it again 2 more times. After that I’ll let him rest for longer while I go play with someone else. Then I’ll come back and do the same thing just with pushing his legs. I’ll then repeat both activities as many time as I have the chance to in that day. Anyway, so I started doing that with Petrica. And the only other stuff I remember was that Costica was pretty fussy and that Anni was working. Also, at one point Shannon and I argued. Can’t remember what about though. Then at the hospital I started off with Baker Baby. His closed didn’t fit him, so I got out all clothes and a bunch of other things on the bed so that I’d have room to work, then this whole family came in and started telling me to get everything off the bed and I was trying my bed to do it as fast as I could, then they started telling me to pick up the baby and I couldn’t do both at the same time and everyone kept crowding me and it was really stressful and I hate it when the other moms tell me what to do. Then, I started trying to feed him his bottle and he hates eating, so he just wouldn’t eat. He’d start crying and everything too. Well, the nurse comes in to ask me if I’m done and I tried to explain to her that he would start crying and I was like “look” and tried to feed him, but then, of course, he wouldn’t cry, so I looked incompetent. Of course, after she left he definitely started crying again. By the time I got out of there I was sooo stressed and frustrated. Then, I tried going to the first floor, but either all the kids had people with them or the doctor wouldn’t let me because I ended up going to the 3rd floor with Iulia and Maria instead. Iulia was sleeping though, so at first I waited there and just read “Dracula.” After a while, though, I started feeling really useless, so I went in with Maria. She was sleeping too, though, so I just read the rest of the time. I walked to Tirgu Cucu with Melissa and Shannon and then just walked the rest of the way home myself. I stopped by the bread stand and got some good bread (being nice works reeeeally well) and then had some time at the apt before anyone came home. Unfortunately, however, yahoo pictures wasn’t working, so I just worked on other stuff on the computer. Then, I had to write my talk and systems paper still but Holly came over and everyone got really talkative and so I couldn’t concentrate and didn’t get much done. Then, I decided to take a shower because they always make me feel better and I was having a frustrating day and while I was in there, I lay down to just let the water pour on me and right as I got comfortable, the cold, smelly, brown washing machine water came flowing out and I jumped up and just broke down and started crying. When I got out of the shower I realized that all of my clothes were in the living room and so I went in there and started trying to tell the girls about my horrible experience and they just kept interrupting me to be like, “did you know you’re holding a bra” and “with how bad your day has been maybe your towel will fall” down and stuff like that and I just got really frustrated because I just wanted to say what I wanted to say and finally I was just like, “I just want to tell you my story!” and started crying. Well, they stopped and apparently I looked so pitiful that it was funny and Melissa started laughing so hard that she was crying and they like felt bad but thought it was funny and they said that I looked adorable, because, well, I do look awfully cute when I cry. Anyway, so I had a total breakdown and then went in to change and Megan walked in on me. Then the rest of the night was distracting as well, so at the end of the night I was kind of freaking out and was like, “I don’t know what to do because I didn’t get anything done and I’m tired and sick, but I have to write in my journal and do all these things and yeah.” Luckily, Holly was there and gave me some good advice on getting stuff done and I went to bed. *Sigh.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home