I'm Going to Europe!!!

Monday, September 18, 2006

Continuation of "If I Were a Vegan I Would Not Live In Ireland"

Ok, so I'm in the middle of this huge expanse of sand that you can now go see pictures of on my yahoo photo album and it's amazing. Well, I treck pretty much across the whole thing to the other side and then decide it would probably actually be easier to go to a different part of it and climb through the thick vegetation til I got to the top of this little hill thing that I saw over there. So I trek back across the sand to the top of this thing. And try as best I can to see how to get to the lighthouse. Well, alas, there didn't look to be any real way of getting any closer to a better view of the lighthouse. Luckily the place where I was was pretty darn cool too. On the other side of the little hill, it sloped down into this area of sand surrounded by the thick vegetation. It was really random in fact. It would been perfect as one of those secret meeting place types of things. I remember wishing I had some great use for it. Even more random though was that there was this big clump of sand with some vegetation hanging on the side of it, right it the middle of this little area. How this area came to be would be really interesting to figure out. Anyway, so I walked around in there by myself a little while before just heading back through the weeds to the beach and path where I'd left my bike. After that, since I was at the end of the Island, I decided it would be good to head back. Plus, this whole time all I'd had to eat since breakfast was, like, a scone and it was about 4pm. So I biked back and checked on Marina, who wasn't doing much, before deciding to keep exploring and go to the other side of the island. I knew I wanted to see Dun Aengus (an awesome fort that's the biggest attraction on the island) before I left, but that I probably wouldn't have time before it got dark. So I decided to explore some other parts of the rest of the island right then and try to see Dun Aengus in the morning.



Ok, I found a picture of Inishmore. If you look on the East of the Island, you'll see "Arkin Castle." My B&B wouldv'e been a little to the West of that. The place I biked up to now was all to the East of my B&B and Arkin Castle. After that I biked back over to where it says "The Aran Fisherman" and I think I took the path that goes North and then West and is closest to the shore, but I'm pretty sure at certain points, at least, I took random other paths that aren't on the map. So, I biked up there and basically had no idea where I was but just biked around anyway. I ended up seeing lots more beautiful scenery that I can't describe and also a few beaches, in cluding probably the one on the map that is the most northerly one. I saw a few ruins and churches, but I have no idea which ones they were and what they were called. Most of the time I was the only person around because it was late and because I don't think it was the most touristy path. It was great. I'd go for like thirty minutes and never even see anyone. Not even the townspeople who lived in the village that was on the hill above me. It was like they just never came out of their houses. Um, to be continued once again. Internet time is like gold here and I've taken up my share. But go look on yahoo for the pictures that going along with this bike ride. Their more or less in order, so look at the ones after the little sand experience. Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home