I'm Going to Europe!!!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Thursday, September 7, 2006

The night before I’d put load of laundry in, so when I woke up I took all my clothes and hung them on the clothes line on the balcony. It was so nice! It was a beautiful day and I can’t tell you how quaint it felt to be on this Romanian balcony with the city below, hanging my clothes on a clothesline. I almost hung my underwear in front of the kitchen window though, and when I realized it, I instead decided to hang the prettiest clothes there so it would look all cute from the kitchen window. I definitely took some pictures. Also, it’s amazing how well the pins work because they look really wimpy! After that I ate some breakfast and then tried to either read a little from the “Evil Woman” book that has Elena Ceaucescu in it and is actually pretty interesting. Anyway, it was a nice laid back morning. I loved it. We ran a few errands in the morning, including getting a few more things from the grocery store and some fruits, veggies and pretty little flowers (for the apartment) at the market. Then, if I remember correctly, we were going to go take a walk around the city, but decided to do it the next day instead when one of the branch girls could walk us around (they like to). So I think all we did was go to Outreach from around 6:30 to 9. We also brought along this girl named Rebecca who isn’t a member but is all alone in Iasi and doesn’t know anyone! She seemed very glad to be able to talk with some fellow Americans. On the way to the Villa there were some little boys in the street who were kind of cute and kind of not just because they were yelling things and one of the adults around them definitely offered them to us as husbands. Ah Romania. The Villa (the church building) was really really pretty and I guess we just use one floor of it and someone else lives upstairs. We basically just met a few people (very few), most of whom were missionaries, and then played a great game of around the world ping pong. After that we just talked a bunch with Rebecca and with Sister Hanks (a sister missionary), who is really funny. As we were leaving the villa, some of the boys and one girl came out again and started asking us for gum (“guma?”) Bri started giving them some but she didn’t have enough for all of them so I started giving them some too and oh my gosh they just like all latched onto me and wouldn’t let go. Like as in, I started totally lagging behind the group and was half laughing and half being like “heeeelp!” as I held the gum out for one of the BYU girls to take. Finally one of them took it and it turned into a game of us trying to hide the gum from them and convince them we didn’t have any left (note to self, no more guma for street kids!) On the way home we also stopped at this little pastry stand and got gogosi (pronounced go (as in “run away!”) gosh (long “o” sound that doesn’t sound like “oh my gosh”). Gogosi is basically a long scone with filling (usually chocolate). Well, we all got chocolate because it was our first time and oh my goodness it was amaaaazing. Then, that night after we got home we ended up talking until like 2 o clock, which actually is getting kind of frustrating because I really want to get stuff done, but at the same time I really can’t help but be interested in what everyone else is saying!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home