I'm Going to Europe!!!

Monday, October 16, 2006

Monday, September 11, 2006

The first thing we did on this morning was go to the hospital. Holly met us at our apartment at 9:30 and showed us the quickest way to walk there from our apartment. It was actually a very pretty walk which went through a park. Once we got there, I ended up working on the 8th floor with a little girl named Maria. She was only a little over a month old and quite possibly the smallest baby I’ve ever seen. She was small to begin with I think but also malnourished. But she was soooo adorable. There were some other moms in the room too who I talked to a little bit, but they didn’t speak the best English. Also, some of the nurses were kind of chastising me for different things I did, like trying to go out and see where to throw away the baby’s diaper. I’m definitely a little intimidated by the nurses. One of them was semi nice though and spoke English to me. Also, this time, the doctors were in the room for a really long time before leaving because they were discussing the other two babies in a big huddle like they always do. After a while Shannon came up and was with me for a while and the baby fell asleep which was adorable. So then we decided to go back down to where Shannon’s baby had been. Her baby’s mom had come before which is why she’d come upstairs but by that time the mom was gone. So we held her for a while and sang to her as well until she fell asleep. Also, the room that baby was in had windows on each side and you could see through like all the windows all the way down the hall. So one of the babies who was playing with her mom in the room next door started looking at us. I started playing with her and playing peekaboo from my room and stuff and she’d totally laugh. It was adoooorable. It was also precious singing to the baby because you could see how as soon as we’d start singing her eyes would get really heavy but when we’d stop she’d open them. Finally we got her to sleep and then held her a while longer to make sure she was out before quickly going downstairs to check on Constantin and Liviu and Liviu’s mom before I left. Constantine was sleeping, Liviu’s mom wasn’t there and it was sad because Liviu started crying when we walked out the door. After the hospital, we had a bunch of time before FHE at 7, so I got some stuff done and took a small nap, then went to FHE. FHE was pretty fun. Shannon gave a lesson and then we played this game where you have to say someone’s name before being hit by the person in the middle basically. There were definitely some really funny moments. After FHE we all got ready to take the train to the black sea because we had to leave to go to the train station at like 9:45pm.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok. I just got caught up on the last few days of your journal. It sounds so crazy and sad and scary and fun-all kinds of emotions. I can't believe that jerk slapped you. Good job Sheri!!!

10/16/2006 05:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home